Setting the mood in your space involves an interplay of the senses, incorporating soft-touch fabrics, vibe-boosting music, and a cohesive color palette. An enticing aroma also elevates any home experience, whether you prefer comforting spice and vanilla or energizing lemongrass. Use this guide to select a home fragrance that supports the mood and aesthetic you want to bring to your living areas.
Peace and Serenity Home Fragrance
Whether you want to wind down after a long day at work or ensure a restful night’s sleep, these aromas can lower your stress and turn your home into an oasis. Get into relaxation mode by choosing a home fragrance with these notes:
- Clary sage, a Mediterranean flowering herb with a clean, green scent: This sage species has been associated with reduced depression and stress.
- Lemongrass, a tropical citrus scent derived from leaves and stalks of this Asian, African, and Australian plant, studies show that aromatherapy with lemongrass can lower blood pressure and anxiety feelings. We offer a lemongrass-based fragrance offset with calming herbal notes of thyme, sage, and ginger.
- Lavender, an herb with distinctive purple flowers that’s actually part of the mint family: You might already use lavender essential oil in your bathwater to promote calm, relieve tension or even reduce headache symptoms. If you have insomnia, using lavender home fragrance may improve the quality and quantity of your sleep. We combine our pure lavender scent with a warming base note of vanilla for the ultimate spa-inspired retreat.
Energy and Optimism Home Fragrance
Capture the freedom and joy of a summer morning even on the shortest days of December. When you’re feeling less than cheerful, give yourself an infusion of pep with one of these dynamic scents:
- Lemon provides a bright, joyful aroma that matches its sunny shade of yellow: If lemon reminds you too much of floor cleaner, choose a different citrus fruit such as mandarin orange or grapefruit. You can also try a blend such as our Simply Citrus, in which lemon and bergamot notes harmonize with lavender and orange blossom, or Snowed Inn, which combines lemon with juicy pear and green rosemary.
- Jasmine, a spicy scent known for creating an aura of confidence and cheer: Before a big presentation or tough conversation, add a scent derived from the flowers of this alluring subtropical vine. Some studies show that jasmine increases alertness and may improve symptoms of depression. Try Eclipse for a home fragrance blend that combines jasmine with sandalwood, amber, freesia, and sweet pea.
- Tropical fruits to create a vacation vibe with your home fragrance: Try scents with juicy notes of watermelon, guava, pineapple, and papaya.
Every day can feel like a getaway with Beach Cove. This blend combines summery tropical flowers such as yuzu with bursts of raspberry, orange, melon, and peach.
Productivity and Purpose Home Fragrance
Sometimes a sharp dose of clarity or a mental boost can change your perspective and boost your productivity. Study sessions and marathon Zoom meetings can benefit from these inspiring aromas:
- Cinnamon, which has a reputation for sharpening focus and enhancing concentration: If you feel mentally fatigued, consider a home fragrance that incorporates cinnamon oil to extend your attention span beyond the length of a commercial break.
- Rosemary to help you get out of bed in the mornings when you have a slow start: While it’s mostly used for cooking, rosemary’s woody, earthy undertones give you a strong sense of grounding and balance.
- White florals, a category that includes the aforementioned jasmine and rose and orange blossom fragrances: Some studies have associated these scents with a faster reaction time when completing tricky tasks.
Security and Warmth Home Fragrance
Creating a cozy abode can’t be done without the right home fragrance. When you want an aroma that wraps around you like a warm, friendly embrace, try these scent notes:
- Vanilla, a smooth, creamy scent that’s comforting but just a little complicated: Pairing this aroma with wood or musk notes amplifies its sensual appeal.
- Pine, which creates a sense of nostalgic warmth beyond its association with Christmas: Many report that pine’s sharp, earthy scent has a stress-reducing effect.
- Caramel and other gourmand (food-related) aromas, for when you want to feel like you’re in a soft, comfortable cocoon: Like vanilla, pair these with more masculine notes to prevent cloying sweetness.
Our Sweet Tobacco fragrance is the perfect way to set this mood in your home with the irresistible combination of cocoa, vanilla, dried fruit, and spice notes with tobacco flower and wood.
Style and Sophistication Home Fragrance
Is your home all sleek angles, neutral tones, and chic minimalism? Try one of these fragrances to deliver effortless cool to your space:
- Single-note florals for a fresh, clean, vintage-inspired scent: We love gardenia, iris, or violet for this purpose.
- Woody aromas like sandalwood, cedar, and vetiver for truly contemporary allure: These fashionable scents bring the androgynous appeal of menswear to your home fragrance. Consider our Sleigh Ride fragrance, resplendent with notes of cedar, musk, vanilla, and cashmere.
- Amber, an earthy fragrance associated with sensuality and connection: Derived from natural resins, this scent note resonates with alluring musk.
Our Amore home fragrance is a modern classic that blends comforting musk and sandalwood notes with sweet, sparkling champagne and starflower notes. For a deep, rich option that’s appropriate for the winter months, try the cedarwood, musk, dark cherry, and vine notes in the Cedar & Vine blend.
Creating a fragrance landscape for your home requires more than plugging in an air freshener or lighting a few candles, short-term solutions that can irritate the respiratory system and even pose a fire hazard. At Whole Home Scenting, we specialize in fragrance blends that seamlessly integrate with your HVAC system to infuse your entire home with enticing, relaxing, inspiring, and energizing scents. Our system, inspired by the aromatic aura of high-end boutiques and hotels, relies on safe ingredients that provide fragrance without impacting indoor air quality.
Get started today to explore the benefits of Whole Home Scenting. We look forward to helping you set the stage to enjoy your space truly, no matter your current mood.