Your home has a distinct scent, although you may be so accustomed to it that you don’t smell it anymore. For those with pets, children, or a love of cooking, your home could have a variety of smells at any time. There are several ways to deodorize your home to remove unpleasant odors, but to replace the smell, you need the help of the best whole house air freshener on the market.
Getting Rid of the Bad Smells
Before you can permeate the house with the fresh scent of lavender or citrus, you need to get rid of anything else in the air. Work your way through this short list to find out what may be causing that funky smell.
- Vacuum up pet dander or dust from the carpets, rugs, or furniture a few hours after sprinkling baking soda around. Vacuum or wash draperies to keep an odor from lingering.
- Empty the kitchen trash often, as well as any other garbage cans in the house. Use scented trash bags or a garbage can with a lid to keep the scent down.
- Empty out any pet waste, such as in a litter box, and if you have children in diapers, don’t let dirty diapers accumulate. Take the waste right to an outside trash can, or double-bag it before putting it in the garbage.
- Clean out the drains and garbage disposal. You can squirt scented dish soap or bleach down into the disposal before running it.
- Don’t let laundry pile up in rooms around the house or near the washer. Empty the washer into the dryer as soon as possible to avoid the smell of mildew.
- Try to smoke outside. Not only does this help keep the smell from lingering in furnishing and carpets, but smoke can stain the walls and ceilings and keep the scent around much longer.
Don’t Fragrance Your Home Until You’ve Eliminated These Five Common Odor Areas.
In 5 easy steps, we show you how to get your home ready for scenting, so you can be confident it smells the way you want.
Using the Best Whole House Air Freshener
If you have been successful in getting rid of an unpleasant odor, you can move on to replacing the overall smell with something more pleasant. If you didn’t have an odor problem, you can still use a whole house air freshener to keep your home smelling clean and inviting. There are a number of different scents available for diffusers, and you can select a scent based on what mood or vibe you want to encourage.
To give your home an air of liveliness and creativity, consider using a floral scent with a hint of cedar or vanilla. For a fresh, clean smell, use the Linen and Lilies Fragrance. Your home will be filled with the smell of freshly washed sheets gently blowing in a sunlight field of lilies. If you need a soothing scent to help you unwind after work, consider the Lavender Vanilla Fragrance, a soothing blend of relaxing lavender and subtle notes of sweet vanilla.
Finding the Best Smell for Your Home
To deliver a scent that is always welcoming and pleasant, turn to Whole Home Scenting for the best whole house air freshener. Whether you order online or talk to our experienced staff at 855-723-6863, don’t put off helping your home smell good.